Over 25 years of experience focusing on criminal cases
New York Criminal Defense Lawyer
Aggressive New York Criminal Defense Attorney
New York Criminal Lawyer Jonathan Kaye is one of the most experienced Criminal Lawyers in New York.
As a former New York City Prosecutor, combined with his years as a private defense attorney, Jonathan has handled 1000’s of cases.
Our attorneys aggressively defend, Drug Charges, Theft and White Collar Crimes, Robbery, Burglary, Larceny, Sex & Child Abuse Crimes, Assault, Domestic Violence & Restraining Order Violations, DUI , DWI, and Drunk Driving related offenses DMV Hearing License Suspension, as well as all other crimes.
How our Law Firm Can Help YOU
1. DROPPED CHARGES: In many instances, we can have your case dropped before charges are even filed. Contrary to common belief, it is the Prosecutor who decides whether to file charges, not the police. So, once the Prosecutor’s Office receives the report, we make contact with them and present your side of the story, often times ignored or neglected by the law enforcement agency investigating the “crime”. This is the advantage of having a former prosecutor defending you – we’ve been there, we know what evidence they are looking for, and we know what evidence doesn’t help them. For best results, contact our office as soon as you believe you are a suspect in a crime and / or the subject of a criminal investigation?
2. REDUCED CHARGES: We can negotiate with the Prosecutor for drastically reduced charges. For example, a domestic violence offense could be minimized to a disturbing the peace or non-violence related charge, a DUI/DWI to a violation of DWAI ior even just a Disorderly Conduct charge, a robbery charge to a simple, petty theft, an assault charge reduced to harassment, etc. As most criminal cases comprise a unique set of variables, the degree to which your charges may be reduced will be dependent on various factors such as prior offenses, actual evidence, and other specifics surrounding your particular situation. Of course, a Former Prosecutor negotiating on your behalf will always benefit you, given the unique circumstances of dealing with former colleagues.
3. JURY TRIAL: If factors such as inadmissible evidence, improper procedure, lack of probable cause, illegal arrest, unlawful search and seizure, or other crucial factors exist, we can file a Pre-trial "Motion to Suppress.” If successful, the entire case will be dismissed, or the prosecution's most incriminating evidence will be thrown out. At this point, we will take the case to jury trial, and with our firm’s extensive trial experience, we will use that to your benefit as we seek “NOT GUILTY" verdicts, or even a "HUNG” jury.
4. SENTENCE MITIGATION: In the event of a conviction, we can mitigate sentencing & penalties, persuading the court for more lenient punishment and jail alternatives such as community service, an alcohol or drug treatment program, suspended sentencing, probation in lieu of jail, reduced fines, sober living, anger management classes, etc.
What We Will Do To Fight for Your Case
1. Provide you with a free, initial, and confidential consultation and criminal case evaluation. We listen to what did and didn't happen, ask pertinent questions, and assess the potential strength and or weaknesses of the case against you. We will advise you of what actions to take, what not to do, what not to say, whom you should not speak with, how to protect yourself going forward, and identify potential strategies pending review of your police report, witness statements, and any other documents or evidence affecting your case.
2. Obtain and review police reports pertaining to your arrest or criminal investigation.
3. Compile a list of all possible witnesses and statements concerning your case. Interview and question all parties concerned.
4. Visit the scene of the arrest or alleged crime, combing for evidence and disproving factors while notating irregularities and any contradicting or conflicting statements cited in the police report.
5. Conduct a thorough background check of all potential witnesses and involved parties, looking for discrediting and a checkered past which may compromise their credibility
6. Hire a private investigator, when applicable, to prove or disprove essential elements of your case.
7. Employ an independent laboratory to test, document, and testify as to the reliability of evidence and / or samples related to your case.
8. Evaluate the chain of events leading up to and resulting in your arrest and detention, looking for improper adherence to procedure, collection and handling of evidence, equipment maintenance records, lack of probable cause, illegal search and seizure, and other criteria to potentially strengthen your defense.
A Criminal Law Firm Committed to Your Defense
As a former prosecutor, Jonathan Kaye knows the ins and outs of the criminal justice system, including prosecutorial guidelines, and how to negotiate most effectively with the other side. In addition to personally handling your case from arraignment through trial, our criminal defense attorneys are available to you during every step of the criminal process. The Law Firm of Jonathan Kaye, Esq. guarantees that you will receive the undivided, personal attention you deserve.
Contact Us as Soon As Possible
If you have questions regarding a criminal case or investigation, please contact New York Criminal Lawyer Jonathan Kaye. today for a free, initial consultation. Call us at 718 746-5017 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We are available to take appointments days, evenings, and weekends.
We serve the following States, Cities, Zip Codes and Counties:
New York City, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Nassau County, Long Island
Lawyers for a man charged with operating an online marketplace for illegal drugs are asking a judge to toss out most of the evidence against him, saying the constitutional protects their client from "indiscriminate rummaging" through his entire online history.
"Jonathan, I wanted to thank you for defending my marijuana arrest. You always made me feel at ease when I was in court with you. That was nice, because before I got to court I was sweating bullets!" Bill L.
"Jonathan, thanks for keeping me out of jail. I'm actually looking forward this time to participating in rehab and addressing my addiction. My shoplifting days are over!"
"Hi Jonathan, I wanted to thank you again for defending my case so well. You are really good at what you do. Hopefully I never need a defense lawyer again. If I do, I know who to call." Brock B
Below, are the areas we service the most.
New York, NY
Staten Island, NY